• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Crayfish Question

golsama

Corresponding Secretary
What species of crayfish are people in the club keeping? (Legally of course). After seeing my CPO's spawn, I am even more interested in the different species of crayfish and contemplating expanding my collection.

Leffler817

CCA Members
I've always wanted one.....

[YT]4Un7nBbSet0[/YT]

...But I think my fish would eventually take 'em out before I could... :rolleyes:

msjinkzd

invert junkie
well, full size crays are an ENTIRELY different ball game.

If you want another dwarf, get the blue/wild version of cambarellus; Cambarellus shufeldtii.

golsama

Corresponding Secretary
I do have a full size cray that I've had for 3+ years now. He's HUGE!! He has a tank pretty much to himself except for feeder fish that I raise. He's definitely a character and a lot more aggressive than the CPOs. He gets mad when I try and net "his" feeders. He'll grab the net and pull on it. LOL!

I'm definitely leaning more towards another species of dwarf crayfish for the time being. If I ever have enough tank space I may do another species of full size cray.

verbal

CCA Members
I currently have marmokrebs(legal in VA).

I kept "blue lobster" crayfish and they were pretty cool. I have kept a single one in a 5 gallon tank and that worked pretty well. I only put the pair together for breeding.