• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Craigslist deal

MonteSS

Members
My friend and his fiance live at the Jersey Shore and were asking me about getting a first tank.

I found this nice 75g on Craigslist and they got it for $200. What a steal. It's an Oceanic and looks to be furniture quality (?)

I am reccomending SA as I have found them to be less aggressive and territorial. I like my Angels, keyholes, severum, cory, teatra tank.

http://jerseyshore.craigslist.org/hsh/2273687272.html

....Bill

verbal

CCA Members
I think angelfish and severums are a great way to start with cichlids. In some ways I think of angelfish as being the "perfect fish". In addition to their good looks, they display interesting behavior but rarely have fatalities due to aggression.

Severums have a reputation for destroying plants, but other than that are generally fairly peaceful. They do get big, but take a while to do so.

It is great that your friend is getting started with a 75. I think it should make it a lot easier for him to be successful than starting out with an overcrowded 10/20 gallon tank that so many people end up starting out with.