• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Countdown to Uruguay!

dogofwar

CCA Members
The bad news is that I won't be able to attend the Feb CCA meeting...the good news is that I'll be arriving in Uruguay that morning (after an overnight flight)!

This will be my third trip down and will be collecting with Felipe Cantera (www.aqvaterra.com), a couple of folks from Canada, California and NC.

Our itinerary starts at Felipe's in Salinas (beach town outside of Montevideo) includes a loop of the Central-East of the Country (Treinta y Tres, Laguna de Arnaud, Averias, El Tigre, Valentines)...back to Felipe's place in Salinas...then off to San Borja (Rio Yi), Rio Santa Lucia (Paso Pache) and a few spots in between...a day in Montevideo...a day to pack...and back to the US!

The fish are great but I really enjoy Uruguay and hanging out with Felipe and his family, Pedro (the driver) and just chilling in a far-off, lightly populated place, where it's summer while it's winter here :)

I plan to bring back as close to a full collecting permit as I can (I want to say a dozen Gymnogeos, a dozen chanchitos/acaras, a dozen pikes, 24 characins, a dozen catfish, a dozen oddballs, a dozen livebearers...or about that). The fish come back in checked bags, so weight of bags is a limiting factor.

US Fish and Wildlife has become very strict about bringing fish back through Miami. Several people have had their fish seized recently. Others have been charged and fined for not having the correct paperwork (US FW Import Export permit) and others are (allegedly) on watch lists. Fish and Wildlife has also begun charging import fees (on top of import export permit annual fees). In other words, one must have their P's and Q's together (which I believe I do)...

Anyway, I'll do my best to check in when I'm down there and take pictures to share when I get home!

Matt

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Man sounds like a blast...You get to have fun while I'm here starting school again :( in the cold. Lol

Sounds fun take tons of pics then show them off.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Becca

Members
TAKE ME WITH YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great time!

mchambers

Former CCA member
Yes, but make sure you've got the right permits to import him back into the U.S. I hear they are tough in Miami.

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Thats sounds like a real fun time. Are you going to talk about it (like tony did) at the March meeting?

chriscoli

Administrator
Awesome, have a great time ! Post pics when u can!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ddavila06

Members
TAKE ME WITH YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great time!

i can go as an interpreter.. :lol: Uruguayans and Argentinians have similar costumes, language, etc etc..
i wont charge you any extra, just pay the fees to get me there and back :D

have fun!

Sounds like a great trip: fish collecting - exploring different areas of the country - meeting the people of the country and experiencing the wonderful diversity of our world.

Hope you have a great time!

Also, how many fish can you retain under your permit?