• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Continuum Aquatics

JLW

CCA Members
Hey Matt,

Continuum and Brightwell are sister companies; Batfish sells and carries both of them. The Power Cleanse is likely very similar to the Purit-R. Both can be recharged several times using a concentrated salt solution. They act fairly similarly to Seachem's Purigen, and will give you really clear water, assuming cloudiness is due to organics (tannins, bacterial blooms, etc). But, no bleach is needed to restore these (in fact, bleach damages them).

I haven't used Power Cleanse, and I don't know how it compares to Purit-R. Continuum is a slightly more ... consumer friendly version of Brightwell products; they're cheaper, and less laboratory grade.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Interesting, Josh. Thanks. I was thinking it sounded like OrganitR, rather than PuritR.

When you say sister company, do you know who owns Brightwell and Continuum? The websites are certainly very similar.

JLW

CCA Members
They're both owned by Jack Kent -- the guy who owned and started Kent Marines before selling it to whats now United Pet Group. I'm pretty sure he bought out Chris Brightwell entirely, but he may be only majority owner of either or both.