• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Concerning growth/White Spot on Discus?

Over the last week I've noticed this series of marks on the head of my Tiger Turqouise Discus.

upload_2017-4-6_21-34-4.png

upload_2017-4-6_21-34-43.png

My remedies thus far have been daily water changes of ~25%, and using a dechlorinator that contains Echinacea. The dechlorinator (NvAqua plus by Kordon) claims its supposed to help with natural slime coat.

Despite, these efforts, the markings/scaring don't seem to be getting any better.

Do you guys have any advice on what this might be, and how to treat this? Really don't want to lose this fish...

Thanks

YSS

Members
Is it a scratch? Can't tell from the picture. Also, is the fish behaving normal?

Its possible its a scratch, though i've not seen him hit anything, and theres only a couple sponge filters in the tank. His tank mates are only other discus so its hard to image a battle scar..

The fish is behaving normal as far as i can tell, he eats like a champ, (even takes blood worms out of my hand) and swims around with his lone tank mate.

YSS

Members
Could also be from fighting. If it's just an external thing, then it's probably no big deal. The fact the fish is behaving normal is a good sign. You would want to keep your eyes out for possible sign of infection.

dhavalsp

Members
seems like a scratch, keep monitoring for any unusual behavior...generally, if they lose some scales due to scratch it takes a while for it to grow back.