• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Colorful centrals for 110

Thai

Members
Set up a new tank that's been running for a week or so, suggestions on what I should stock with, looking for a couple med-large centrals with some color.
Dimensions are 60x18x24
7213B1A2-F7BA-4BE9-B549-5F9205192C83-304-0000000C8125635C_zpse8c93325.jpg

4BDEC0C8-374B-4567-AB09-6669B3F84639-304-0000000C8C7B026C_zps06c5c211.jpg

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Tons of different fish you could put in there. Are you looking to do a couple of pairs or singles?

jonclark96

Past CCA President
The tanks looks great. I have a tank with the same dimensions and really like it for a nice display tank.

As far as stocking goes, there may not be enough room for other fish if you end up with a breeding pair of large centrals, but if you opt for some of the smaller types you could do more. South Americans would open up additional possibilities. Some suggestions:

Centrals:

A pair of paratheraps/veija/paraneetroplus (or whatever they are classified as today) like melanurus along with a pair/group of convict types or neets.

SA's:

A pair of severums (rotkeils are beautiful as adults) and a pair/group of mid sized geos like red head tapajos or megasemas would look great.

I really recommend a pair of rainbow cichlids. They are colorful, great personalities and easy to get along with. don't put any big nasties in with them. Other small/medium new worlds would be nice. Lots of folks have rainbows in the club. But I"d put more "stuff" in the tank. It looks bare to my eyes. Fabulous tank, though, and great piece of wood!

blkmjk

Members
Beautiful tank. It looks clean. I would put a rare pair of centrals in there. Like Chuco Microthalmus or Intermedium , Nandopsis Baritoni, along with a small pair of something cutteri, or neet or convict, even rainbows would look good. Throw in some cories or clown loaches and your good.

Drew

NO GOOD DEED SHALL GO UNPUNISHED!

Owens

Members
My old tank looks great btw :) didn't even realize I already responded to this haha

Sent from my VS840 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App