• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

CO2 system suggestion ?

wlsgmfr123

Members
I am planning to set a planted tank for following holiday.

It would be my 10 gallon tank probably.

Could anyone suggest Co2 system which works fine and cost efficient?

(DIY using yest and sugger is ,,, I don't know, I just don't feel it works.)

:wub:

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
A very basic setup new will cost about $80-$100 for a tank, regulator, tubing and a diffuser. Without a solenoid, you can just run it 24 hours and bubble an airstone on a timer at night. Since plants respirate in the dark, this will prevent the CO2 levels from getting too high.

I have used the CO2 yeast kits before and have had solid results from them on small tanks. It's all about the diffuser design. Mine had a grey tray with a series of ramps the bubbles would travel back and forth on, getting smaller and smaller as they rose and the CO2 diffused. Maintenance is not all that bad and if you're not ready to drop $100+, it's a good place to start.

wlsgmfr123

Members
A very basic setup new will cost about $80-$100 for a tank, regulator, tubing and a diffuser. Without a solenoid, you can just run it 24 hours and bubble an airstone on a timer at night. Since plants respirate in the dark, this will prevent the CO2 levels from getting too high.

I have used the CO2 yeast kits before and have had solid results from them on small tanks. It's all about the diffuser design. Mine had a grey tray with a series of ramps the bubbles would travel back and forth on, getting smaller and smaller as they rose and the CO2 diffused. Maintenance is not all that bad and if you're not ready to drop $100+, it's a good place to start.

Tony, Coud you link a website where you have gotten your diffuser ?

Tony

Check this out:

http://www.amazon.com/Hagen-Nutrafin-Natural-Activator-Stabilizer/dp/B00026058Y

41OEFyqvvaL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
A diffuser that does not depend on pressure to create fine bubbles such as the one Tony suggested works best with diy co2. A reactor would be another way.

mscichlid

Founder
You will appreciate a soleniod.

Azoo regulator (with soleniod), timer, C02 tubing and a wooded airstone for diffuser

ddavila06

Members

Tony

It's for a 10 gallon tank.... it'll be sufficient.

Last edited:
mine cost me $7.....

$1 for a 2ltr bottle
$1 for an air stone
$4 for the yeast
$1 for the air tubing

i already had the sugar and water is free at my apt. idk about these diffusers, but my tank looks amazing with the C02 going :D

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE