• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

clown loach eviction advice

Goonie

CCA Members
I have a fake stump in one of my tanks in which my clowns live, I am thinking about selling these guys 2.5-4.5 inches but have no idea on how to get them all out of this thing.

Any one have any experience as a landlord to stubborn tenants ?

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Can you remove the stump from the tank? I have a couple fish that live in a big piece of driftwood in my 180 that act similarly. When I was moving the tank, i took the stump out and put it in a rubbermaid bin. Once out of the water, they flopped around and came out of their hole. I was able to scoop them up and put them in a bucket relatively easily.

Goonie

CCA Members
I'm worried they won't come out due to water level(have some in another tank who won't leave drift wood during wcs) but ill give it a shot

FishEggs

Could try putting in a pleco cave or something similar that is easily removable and see if some choose to hide in that.

Becca

Members
I used a minnow trap last time I needed to catch stupid fast fish out of a large tank. I baited it with some frozen shrimp and just waited. Minnow traps aren't expensive and will fit in a large tank.

Goonie

CCA Members
Becca thats a great idea, how do you think they would do in a 125 with 10to 12 inch bichirs ? The bichirs lived with congos and african longfin tetras with no losses, also had a pair of kribs with them with no issues. I would prefer to keep them but if they wont work in the 125 I may have to let them go

Becca

Members
Becca thats a great idea, how do you think they would do in a 125 with 10to 12 inch bichirs ? The bichirs lived with congos and african longfin tetras with no losses, also had a pair of kribs with them with no issues. I would prefer to keep them but if they wont work in the 125 I may have to let them go

I really don't know. I've never actually kept clown loaches because of how large they get.

JLW

CCA Members
Bichirs and clowns shouldn't be an issue -- at least not at the size you're talking. :)

FishEggs

I dont think there will be any issues. One of the loaches might lose part of a tail maybe but I doubt even that.
I have a 3 inch jewel cichlid and a 4inch pleco in the tank with my 17 inch ornate and they've been fine for the past year at least.