• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

CL posting for a 265 gallon

verbal

CCA Members
Must be special German glass...

It takes 14 square feet of glass to cover a 265 gallon tank. In other words 7 times the amount of glass for a top for a 20 high. Not to mention the volume is much lower.

They are $93 at that pet place:
212213 Glass Canopy – 84x24 (3 pieces) $112.29 $93.19
$120 sounds about right for buying locally.

YSS

Members
That is a great deal if it's in a good condition. I bought mine brand new a few years ago and paid well over two grand.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Whait, aren't snake heads illegal?

They are now. Years ago, they were common in the hobby. My guess is people would buy them not realizing they turned into 2 foot monsters and ended up releasing them into the native waters. They thrived in the environment and began to overtake the ecosystem.

YSS

Members
2 grand?!! Oh hell naw. I bought my 300 for 800 brand new. Yours better had been acrylic?

Mine is a glass tank. Which brand tank is yours? Mine was Marineland 265G with glass tops and a nice stand. Even if it was only a tank, $800 for a 300G is a nice deal.

verbal

CCA Members
They are now. Years ago, they were common in the hobby. My guess is people would buy them not realizing they turned into 2 foot monsters and ended up releasing them into the native waters. They thrived in the environment and began to overtake the ecosystem.

I think it was traced to someone releasing them after buying them for medicinal purposes. Although given the number of piranha sightings, it is possible they were introduced more than once in this area.

TMSB805

Members
Tanks A Lot

Where did you get a 300 for 800?

Mine is a glass tank. Which brand tank is yours? Mine was Marineland 265G with glass tops and a nice stand. Even if it was only a tank, $800 for a 300G is a nice deal.

I live in Las Vegas for 7 years before i moved here. I bought my tank out there a place called Tanks a Lot. Just about all of their tanks go for $1/gallon. The larger ones are a little more than $2/gallon. I believe they could do this because they manufactured their own tanks.

Now my custom made canopy and stand is what cost me. Ended up paying almost $1400 for the both.