• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

chat

fweed

Members
How come no one ever uses the chatroom here. Every time I get on here there is no one in there.:confused:

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
It is not used much yet. I tend to post saying I will be on there and see if someone shows up.
We knew it would not be used much but it was a feature that would come in handy if needed.
A couple Board members use it from time to time to talk business. Quicker than email.

F8LBITE

Members
maybe if the chatroom was scrolling in the homepage where everyone could see the convo people would jump in instead of having to open a new page.

Lively

Members
maybe if the chatroom was scrolling in the homepage where everyone could see the convo people would jump in instead of having to open a new page.

Interesting idea...

Only problem with that would be moderating it. People have a habit of saying things in chat they wouldn't on the public boards and it's a nightmare to moderate a scrolling chat... I know.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
If I am on chat I really would not want the whole world to see what I am talking about. If someone comes in while I am chatting, they do not see what has passed. Only what is coming next.

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
Interesting idea...

Only problem with that would be moderating it. People have a habit of saying things in chat they wouldn't on the public boards and it's a nightmare to moderate a scrolling chat... I know.
Yep, chat is no rules and no holds barred. I don't think you want to go public with it.

George

fweed

Members
But this is not talk city or one of those dirty chat. I believe this a cichlid based site. If people want to talk dirty then let them go somewhere else and do that. I have been on a couple chat sessions about fish and it usally stays on fish.

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Yea, I was a part of that group in April that set the record, hopefully we'll break it this summer.

RM