• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

ceramic tiles safe for tank?

cholile

Members
I have a piece of driftwood attached to a piece of slate, but that slate piece is not heavy enough to keep the driftwood from floating. I don't have another piece of slate handy, but I do have some ceramic tiles leftover from a prior project as well as some aquarium-safe silicone. can i glue the tile to the slate to help weigh down the wood?

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I would assume so. All the sponge filters in the show tanks at the convention were weighed down with a 4x4 ceramic tile. I'd check around some of the other aquarium sites to be sure.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
It's cool

Just baked clay/silica - it's 'inert' for all aquatic intents and purpose, pots, tiles, etc. unless it happens to be made of concrete.

TOMMYN3D

Members
I would assume so. All the sponge filters in the show tanks at the convention were weighed down with a 4x4 ceramic tile. I'd check around some of the other aquarium sites to be sure.

I noticed that also. I bought some of the Poret foam filters and noticed that they are attached to a ceramic tile. So I would say it's ok.:)