• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

CE certification

I was looking at buying an odyssea T5HO light for a plant tank for the past month or so. I was thinking of pulling the trigger tonight only to realize that its not UL certified only CE. Anyone have any experience with these lights or any other with only the CE cert? I have to admit it worrys me slightly that they are not UL and the poss reasons for them not getting the UL cert.

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
CE is fine. CE is the Euro version of the UL. I think companies have to pay $$$ for their product to be tested in order to attempt a UL listing. Some companies to see the point of doing it. Even Tetra sells UL and non UL air pumps and their is a noticeable price difference. Just check their site the have no problem listing it. Also all of the beware of Odyssey fire hazard threads are old as dirt and involved PC fixtures. Stealth heaters were UL listed how did that turn out.

Ya know now that you mention it I do remember Tetra selling both UL and non UL air pumps a few years back. Very good point about the heaters also, that didnt UL didnt mean a whole lot did it in that case lol. Well that is really what I needed to hear, I appreciate you info. I guess I will be ordering that light in the morning!