• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Caves

longstocking

Members
Someone at the meeting asked me where to get caves.

This person is fantastic ! She makes them to order... anything you want. She might be a bit slow getting them out to you but you can't beat the price. I had pleco caves made for me but she actually keeps tangs.... so she's good at tang caves as well.

Her name is Tiffany : tiffnseve@hotmail.com

maddog10

Members
There are a few people selling breeding caves on eBay. I some made from flower pots (some siliconed together to make a solid cave and some are just open ended flower pots) and I also have a few coconut shells that have a hole drilled in them.

longstocking

Members
Very true... but if you are lazy like me... you e-mail someone to do it for you :p

Plus if you want a specific style of cave that has a certain shape sometimes they can get quite expensive. I wanted about 10 caves ( ones you can't really make)... at 6 bucks a pop that adds up. I contacted Tiffany and she gave me a great deal for less than half the cost.

She makes them then takes them to the kiln (sp? ) :) So it takes a while but you get what you want.

Anohter way to make caves is with slate... there are tons of ideas out there that are easy to DIY.... but for us lazy people ;)

There are more people on aqua-bid as well... but Tiff beat all of them on price :)