• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

CAS New Year Update

Jay

CCA Members
Weather for this coming week looks good for shipping.

Aulonocara Peacocks

See https://www.cichlidsarespecial.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=60_67

Aulonocara baenschi Nhkomo Reef (Benga) (Sunshine) Two 4 inch males $27.50 each, Three 3.5 inch males $24.00 each, Three 2.5 inch males $16.50

Aulonocara jacobfreibergi Lemon Jake (Unda Reef) (Mamlea) One 3 inch male $25.00, One 3 inch male plus four 2.5 inch females $53.00

Aulonocara sp. "Stuartgranti Maleri" Maleri Island Yellow (Germany) (Rare) (All-Yellow) Two 3 inch males Sale $17.50.

Aulonocara maulana Bi-Color One 4” Male $38.00, One 3” Male $24.00

Aulonocara stuartgranti Mdoka FlameTail One 3.5 inch ¾ color male $27.00, One 3” male $26.00

Lake Malawi Haplochromines

See https://www.cichlidsarespecial.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=60_68

Lethrinops sp. Gold Harbor Monkey Bay (Europe) One 3 inch Male $26.00

Lethrinops sp. Mbasi Creek (Rare) One 4 inch male $38.00, One 3 inch ¾ color male $25.75

Nimbochromis venustus (Giraffe Cichlid) (Extra Yellow) (Germany) One 5 inch male plus one 4.5 inch female (Pair) Sale Price $42.50

Protomelas marginatus (Turquoise Hap) (RARE) One 3.5 inch ¾ color male $22.00

Other

Changes for 2010. There will be fewer special orders in 2020. When one occurs, be sure to grab the fish you want. I will only be bringing in fish that have a good turnover record. I plan to concentrate more on the fish that I can grow out, especially from fry, in order to help keep prices down.

Prices reflect increases in cost (food, utilities, water treatment, quarantine supplies, and wholesale rates. 2019 was the largest increase in the cost I have ever seen in wholesaler prices. This has forced me to raise my prices as well.

I will no longer be delivering to fish clubs. If you tell me you are from the Capital Cichlid Club (CCA), the Cichlid Club of York (CCY) or the Aquarium Club of Lancaster (ACLC) and are making a first time order, I will give you the repeat customer (discount club) discount. CCA members please consider making a trip to York, or getting a group together and have one person make the trip to York to pick up your fish.

I still offer local pick up by appointment in York, UPS Shipping, and SWA Cargo Shipping.

I am in the process of ordering a table Big Fish Deal Market Place for Saturday, March 14. I plan to be there from 11:00 am. until 3:00 pm or until I sell out whichever comes first.

I have stopped selling Aquarium supplies due to a lack of interest from my customers. I am still selling Smart Start Complete and have a few containers of Xtreme Cichlid Pee Wee. I use both of these products regularly and suggest that my customers do so as well.