• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Camping at Assateague?

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Maria and I have tentative plans to go out to Assateague Island this weekend to spend Saturday and then camp out overnight. Has anyone been there before? Anyone have any advice?

From the research I've done, Deet is essential, along with a canopy for shade (if it's sunny). I've heard that the ocean side is nice, unless the wind is blowing especially hard. I'd like to be sort of away from campers/generators if possible.

I've looked and they have two campsites available, the state park up north just over the bridge and the national park further south.

The major difference on paper seems to be the showers, but with us there for only one day (and not getting in the water), I don't even see us using the bathhouse.

I know it's our meeting date, but yesterday was our anniversary and we want to do something cool this weekend.

Thanks in advance.

Do NOT feed the horses or try to pet them! Rangers get testy when you do that, but horses also get nippy and demanding.

Maria and I have tentative plans to go out to Assateague Island this weekend to spend Saturday and then camp out overnight. Has anyone been there before? Anyone have any advice?

From the research I've done, Deet is essential, along with a canopy for shade (if it's sunny). I've heard that the ocean side is nice, unless the wind is blowing especially hard. I'd like to be sort of away from campers/generators if possible.

I've looked and they have two campsites available, the state park up north just over the bridge and the national park further south.

The major difference on paper seems to be the showers, but with us there for only one day (and not getting in the water), I don't even see us using the bathhouse.

I know it's our meeting date, but yesterday was our anniversary and we want to do something cool this weekend.

Thanks in advance.

You wanna do something cool? come to a CCA meeting:D. As for camping I agree with take beer and have fun.

Tony

If it's still raining Saturday, we will not be going.

Probably will take the trip next weekend instead.

Read all about not feeding/chasing/petting/trying to ride the horses.

mscichlid

Founder
[QUOTE feeding/chasing/petting/trying to ride .QUOTE]

TMI. You can do that at home, son. Double Tree hotel is nice and close.

mdlnewman

Members
I will be camping this weekend also. Boy Scouts working on rifle shooting. They would kill us if we wimp out because of a bit of rain and they miss shooting guns.

YSS

Members
We were there this June. Ok, mosquitoes are absolutely ruthless especially in the morning and evening. Be prepared. They will attack you with a full force in the bathroom. So, always bring a can of bug spray to the bathroom. We were by the ocean, and it was nice. If it wasn't for the mosquitoes, we would have really liked it there, but they completely ruined our camping experience. But the beach was very nice. Yes, horses aren't fun. Make sure to pack everything in the car before you go to sleep. Do not leave anything outside when you are not around. Have fun. It's illegal to have alcoholic beverages so use discretion when drinking. Have fun! :D

londonloco

Members
We were there this June. Ok, mosquitoes are absolutely ruthless especially in the morning and evening. Be prepared. They will attack you with a full force in the bathroom. So, always bring a can of bug spray to the bathroom. We were by the ocean, and it was nice. If it wasn't for the mosquitoes, we would have really liked it there, but they completely ruined our camping experience. But the beach was very nice. Yes, horses aren't fun. Make sure to pack everything in the car before you go to sleep. Do not leave anything outside when you are not around. Have fun. It's illegal to have alcoholic beverages so use discretion when drinking. Have fun! :D

Makes we wanna run right over there and camp....

Tony

Oh, that was actually funny.

Tony -- your wife can get her horse fix at my barn anytime, just tell her to call me.

Thanks Holly. She may take you up on that some time. :)

Yeah, this weekend's trip is looking less likely with the forecast....