• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Cambarellus patzcuarensis "orange"

msjinkzd

invert junkie
cambarellus+patzcuarensis+orange+banner.jpg

i have 10 of these available. None of my own pics yet, haven't had time but yes, they really are that orange. Yes, they are plant and fish safe. Here is a link to some more information on them:
http://cpo-crayfish.blogspot.com/
I am also listing these on AC and expect them to sell today. They are $20 each and are mostly mature adults.

msjinkzd

invert junkie
these are only about an inch long, so you don't need a big tank. And they can be housed safely with shrimp/snails/small fish. They just need hiding spaces to protect themselves after a molt.

msjinkzd

invert junkie
they are ready breeders. They do well in similar parameters as cherries as well. Here are a few pics I just took.
cpo 006.jpg

cpo 010.jpg

cpo 006.jpg

cpo 010.jpg

msjinkzd

invert junkie
They begin breeding at four months old. Crayfish mate belly-to-belly, after a claw-waving courtship ritual. Dark green eggs are laid in clutches of about 50, attached to the mother’s pleopods under the abdomen. They hatch in about 2 weeks, and the 3/16 inch baby crayfish drop off and scatter about a week later. The mother continues to eat while brooding, and won’t eat her kids as long as she has sufficient food. The babies eat newly hatched brine shrimp, flakes, pellets, etc. Soaked leaves from deciduous trees will provide hiding and climbing places, plus bugs, bacteria, and fungi that the babies can eat between feedings. If starved or overcrowded they will attack each other and tear off legs, but these will grow back as long as the crayfish can still get around and feed. The babies can grow up in the tank with the adults, or you can separate the mother before the eggs hatch and raise the babies in their own tank.

from: http://www.petshrimp.com/articles/cpatzcuarensis.html