• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Calling for Nominations for 2021

JLW

CCA Members
Call for Nominations

October is the annual Board Member Elections. We need nominations for individuals to serve on the Board and help the club for the next year! Its ridiculously easy to be on the Board, and takes up very little time. There's generally a short meeting or discussion before the regular meeting, though in the current world these have moved to regular e-mail exchanges and conference calls when important.

An overall description of the various board positions can be found at:

The current board is:
President: Michael O’Shea
Vice President: Christine Keys
Recording Secretary: Brett Crump
Treasurer: Charnika Walker
Corresponding Secretary: Rebecca Goldring
Member at Large: Kim Coates, Matt Easterly, Greg O'Neil, Andrew Schwartz

How to Nominate
Nominations must be e-mailed to me at BatfishAquatics@gmail.com, with the subject line "Nomination for CCA Board." (Or something similar enough that it'll stand out). You may not nominate someone by replying to this thread. You may not nominate someone by sending me a PM on the forum. You may not nominate someone by writing their name on a slip of paper and tossing it into a goblet filled with fire.
You absolutely must give me their first and last name (or as reasonably close to it as you can get). You may not nominate "Steve," or "that guy who is always at the meetings, he's bald." Please help me out -- I can't pass on a nomination unless it is absolutely clear who is being nominated.

Once nominated, each person will be asked to accept or decline the nomination. Each person will only be asked once -- I'm not going to keep bugging people who have said no, so think about your decision.

You may (and should) nominate yourself.

Becca

Members
Folks, please send your nominations to Josh by Friday, September 25th.

As Josh said, you may nominate yourself. Please, if you are willing to volunteer for the BOD, nominate yourself. Without enough volunteers to fill positions, we will have no choice but to disband.

Scraps

Super Genius
Staff member
Call for Nominations

October is the annual Board Member Elections. We need nominations for individuals to serve on the Board and help the club for the next year! Its ridiculously easy to be on the Board, and takes up very little time. There's generally a short meeting or discussion before the regular meeting, though in the current world these have moved to regular e-mail exchanges and conference calls when important.

An overall description of the various board positions can be found at:

The current board is:
President: Michael O’Shea
Vice President: Christine Keys
Recording Secretary: Brett Crump
Corresponding Secretary: Rebecca Goldring
Member at Large: Kim Coates, Matt Easterly, Greg O'Neil, Andrew Schwartz

How to Nominate
Nominations must be e-mailed to me at BatfishAquatics@gmail.com, with the subject line "Nomination for CCA Board." (Or something similar enough that it'll stand out). You may not nominate someone by replying to this thread. You may not nominate someone by sending me a PM on the forum. You may not nominate someone by writing their name on a slip of paper and tossing it into a goblet filled with fire.
You absolutely must give me their first and last name (or as reasonably close to it as you can get). You may not nominate "Steve," or "that guy who is always at the meetings, he's bald." Please help me out -- I can't pass on a nomination unless it is absolutely clear who is being nominated.

Once nominated, each person will be asked to accept or decline the nomination. Each person will only be asked once -- I'm not going to keep bugging people who have said no, so think about your decision.

You may (and should) nominate yourself.

Scraps

Super Genius
Staff member
Thanks all! Let's nominate!!!

Becca - Can we get this post to be on the main page and replace the No meeting heading?

JLW

CCA Members
As we traditionally take nominations up and until the meeting, I really don't see a compelling reason to shorten the nomination period dramatically. As such, by the powers vested in me by the title of Nomination Dude, I'm going to go ahead and extend the deadline until the 9th.

Obviously, we're going to have to do an online voting mechanism -- I reckon we'll run that from the 10th onward for a week or so as needed?

Becca

Members
As we traditionally take nominations up and until the meeting, I really don't see a compelling reason to shorten the nomination period dramatically. As such, by the powers vested in me by the title of Nomination Dude, I'm going to go ahead and extend the deadline until the 9th.

Obviously, we're going to have to do an online voting mechanism -- I reckon we'll run that from the 10th onward for a week or so as needed?

That sounds reasonable. Who are you and what have you done with Josh?

JLW

CCA Members
If at all possible, please also send me an e-mail address for people. A lot of us don't check the forums regularly, especially these days, and notifications for IMs are notoriously bad!

I would hate for someone to miss a nomination because they didn't log on.

Also, I suppose we should have a "time" for ending nominations. Nominations must be in by
NOON on the 9th.

Last edited:

JLW

CCA Members
If someone could delete the previous post, that would be great...
I had a typo in my notes; the correct slate is:

Correction
President: Kim Coates
Vice President: Greg O'Neil or Becca Goldring
Corresponding Secretary: Maria Golliday
Recording Secretary: OPEN

Members at Large:
Eggerton Campbell
Frank Cowherd
Brett Crump
Abby Siegal

JLW

CCA Members
Hey gang, we still need someone to step up for RECORDING SECRETARY.
And, of course, we can still use nominations and volunteers for all positions. Come on, do you really, really want this motley crew? :p

JLW

CCA Members
We also want to know who is website savvy.
Someone who is website savvy would be a committee appointment, which is something that the incoming board would decide after they are elected. We are currently working to get nominations for the board members, and being web savvy is not a requirement for any of the existing positions.