• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Buy Retail or Private

Kelvin

Members
Need some advice CCA... Looking to buy 3 or more Yellow Top Mbamba's and 3 or more Yellow Labs within the next two weeks. Should I buy from the store or should I buy from a hobbiest?

daninmd

Members
i pretty much only buy thru private sales. the only retail fish i buy is from breeders/importers, but to me thats pretty much the same as private. you are typically going to get a much better fish and the price should be much lower.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I get most of my fish from other hobbyists or through trusted online/local stores. For something as common as yellow labs, I'm sure someone has some. I have fry, but they aren't big enough to sell yet.

AquaStudent

Members
I just picked up some nice yellow labs from Jefft. He gave me some from three different spawns and I'm pretty sure he has a ton more.

Owens

Members
I get 99% of my fish through other hobbyist, and the other 1% is reputable, small vendors that deal with specialty imported fish.

Forester

Members
I get the majority of my fish and supplies from private sales. But i do occasionally go to tropical lagoon for supplies.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App