• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Bummed

Lively

Members
It looks like I lost my latest JD spawn. They should be free swimming by now - i see very little movement. Parents are still standing guard.

What's most frustrating is I've no idea why. I'm not aware of any real changes in the tank and the water parms are good. This is the second lost spawn for them in two months. But, I am fairly sure the loss last month was because I didn't pull the previous fry and I saw them grazing on the newly hatched fry. Not the case this time.

Lively

Members
Unfortunately, I can see them. I did turn off the filtration since I have to look straight down to see them and saw a bit more movement and even saw one or two away from the group - but it looks wrong. She's digging new pits now, I hope she does move them, then maybe I'll get a better idea of what is going on with them.

She did something strange this time around, she split up the spawn, leaving dad to guard about half on the other side of the tank.

danger_chicken

Swim Fishy Swim!
I'm glad to see they worked out their differences. It time to start calling the Algae Eater by his real name "Fry Eater"

Spine

Members
My JD's just got divorced. I had them divided because the male is much smaller than the female...Anyway he jumped over the divider and I came home to find his tattered remains. I guess the moral of the story is cover your tanks!!

danger_chicken

Swim Fishy Swim!
Sounds like the King Henry the 8th method of divorce. That's how I lost my EBJD, he just HAD to see what was on the other side of the divider. Turns out it was a fish 10x his size and mean as hell.

Lively

Members
Man, Spine... I'm sorry to hear that! Goes to show, men do stupid things over a pretty fin...

How big is your gal? I seem to recall the boy you got was around 3"?

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
SORRY FOR THE LOSS. I JUST LOST MY SECOND SPAWN AS WELL. JUST MOVED THEM TO THEIR OWN ''SUITE'' TO TRY THAT. ACTING ALL SKITTISH BUT WE WILL SEE. LOL@ FRY EATER CUZ THAT NAME FITS.

Lively

Members
Sorry DQ! Once you get them going, it'll be great! It took mine about 6 months before they had it right - and even then there was only one who made it - the boy you have.

I'll keep my eyes open for you, Spine. 6-7" are hard to find.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
its all good. keeping fish has taught me what nothing else has......patience.;) spine ill keep my eyes open 4ya as well bud.