• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Broken Impeller

bdmminer

Members
I woke up this morning and was doing my morning feeding rounds when I noticed that one of my HOB filters just didn't seem right. After fiddling around for a while I realized that the plastic pieces that hold the impeller to the mag drive were disconnected from the magnet, which was not allowing it to create any flow in to the tank. I went to my LFS and they looked at me like I was speaking Chinese when I asked if they sold a replacement part for my filter. Is there any way to fix it until I can get a new one without harming the fish because I know some glues are deadly to fish. Which leads to my next question, is there a cheap place to get new/used parts online so I am not walking on a tightrope with a repaired one that may only work sometimes?

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

mattdaddy2

Members
The only glue I know of that is harmless to fish is corr-fix its a glue used to glue corals and rock together in saltwater tanks. I have also heard that the gel style super glue is harmless as well. I'm stil hesitant to try that one. Hope this helps. Good luck

Sent from my SCH-I500 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

golsama

Corresponding Secretary
I use superglue gel all the time in my tanks to attach plants to things like rocks and driftwood. It's never harmed my fish and I've had it in some tanks for more than a year.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I used to use gel Super Glue gel to glue SPS coral frags to live rock. It's harmless and cures instantly when it contracts water.

Try Kensfish for Aquaclear parts.

Andrew

Members
Tropical lagoon aquarium in silver spring has a great selection of replacement parts if you're in the area.