• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Brisbane (Australia) woman pays $500 to save her $12 goldfish

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
I plan on getting into aquatic ved med, actually. I'm in school right now working towards that goal. Not that far-fetched. Lots of people would pay to have others treat or do surgery on their fish. Same as a dog or cat in some cases.

MHMoro

CCA Members
I plan on getting into aquatic ved med, actually. I'm in school right now working towards that goal. Not that far-fetched. Lots of people would pay to have others treat or do surgery on their fish. Same as a dog or cat in some cases.

As you know, cost of the (veterinary) procedures, as well as the animal/pet cost is a key factor for the majority of owners in deciding the treatment to follow. Several Koi owners pay for expensive procedures/treatments due to their unique value. Although there is a niche for aquatic veterinarians most of the emphasis should be directed to preventive measures.

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
While I agree preventative measures (avoiding sickness and injury) are the way to go, accidents happen. It's also common for fish farms and aquariums to get diseases from time to time, which is where I can help. I will ultimately do small animal vet med, too.