• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Breeding Pair of A. centrarchus $40

Diogenes

Members
These are the best fish i've ever kept. I almost lost them last time I moved and that was just across town. I'm now moving 800 miles and hiring professional movers again (fingers crossed) and I'm not willing to chance it. I'd rather see them go to someobdy in the club.

They're awful pretty and have neat personalities. They haven't bred in a while, but I think it's because they've outgrown their 37g tank.

They need a 40 breeder or larger. They'd look great in a 55g with some livebearers.

male is probably 7-8" long ball park. I've never been too worried about measuring him accurately.

female is about 5-6" and bluish in color.

They've produced a TON of fry in their days and are excellent parents. They often stick their wigglers onto vegetation creating a "christmas tree" like effect. They're about 4 years old and will live a long time if kept properly. Behavior wise they're typical CA cichlids although not quite as bellicose as the more aggressive breeds. They're breeding dress is an amazing contrasted black and grey. It's a stunning visual change when they breed.

I can't say enough good things about them. Best fish I've ever kept. They deserve a good home.

I'm asking $40 but I'll consider any offer as long as they go to somebody in the club who will house them adequately.

Pics:
DSC_0243.jpg

DSC_0245.jpg

DSC_0239.jpg

Copyof1218141.jpg

female:
DSC_0239.jpg

Copyof1218140.jpg

videos:
[YT]HPAmD4owIHE[/YT]

[YT]dTa_kjYKy18[/YT]

same fish in breeding dress:
[YT]JPoDjnSa9wk[/YT]

jonclark96

Past CCA President
If they are available after next weekend, I'll take them. If someone else wants them sooner, don't wait on me.

rsretep

Members
I got six juvies from Jon and am currently growing them out....cant wait for them to mature and color up... beautiful fish...thanks for sharing the pics and videos

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I picked up a pair from Rapps last year at ACA. They are one of my favorites. If I didn't have them, I would be after yours. Hopefully Jon Clark will be able to get them from you. He will give them a great home.

Diogenes

Members
they're tentatively his, but the boss (wife) wants this tank out of here pronto so first come first served.

Jon is first in line.