• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Breeding Metriaclima cyneusmarginatus

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
I think my Metriaclima cyneusmarginatus bred and a female is holding. The male has been flipping out and one of the females appears to be holding. Its only been about three days.

rsretep

Members
hey prince thats awesome on the metriaclima spawn bro...i have five juvies growin out that i got from matt....hope to see some activity on my end soon also....keep us posted on their progress

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
How long is the brooding period? She has been holding for a while now. She didn't even spit any out when I netted her for the breeder box.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
How long is the brooding period? She has been holding for a while now. She didn't even spit any out when I netted her for the breeder box.

Prince, typical mbuna holding period is around 20 days or so. Some will hold longer. You can keep her in the box for this period or you can strip her after about 10-12 days and throw her back in the tank if the other females are taking too much aggression from the male. At this time, they should be free swimming and absorbed the egg sack.

Congrats and good luck.

EDIT: Just realized this initial post was almost a month ago... sorry I missed it. How'd it go? Did the babies survive? If not, no worries. It'll take most mbuna moms a couple of times to figure it out and once they start going, they don't stop.

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
She just spit them out three days ago. I have about 12 good looking fry eating NLS