• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Breeding Julidochromis transcriptus Question.

HoleyRockofTex

CCA Members
I have pair of julidochromis transcriptus currently that lay eggs once a month. everything is fine and the eggs hatch but none of the fry are making it. I was wondering what everyone else feeds their juli fry.

They are in a 20 gallon high, with a heater and a penguin 350. They have a couple of caves, holeyrock and a sand bottom. there is nothing else in the tank as far as fish goes.

Hannibal

Members
Put a sponge on your filter intake. Not only will it keep your fry from being sucked into the filter but it will also provide them with a food source to graze on. You could also add some java moss or the like to the tank, the fry will eat the microorganisms that live in that also.

HoleyRockofTex

CCA Members
Thx for the advise. I think I have had 2 survive a month. The tank only get secondary light from the tank above. So not much in the way of algae. I feed them crushed flake food.