• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Breeding German Blue Rams

mscichlid

Founder
Hi Ryan. Welcome to CCA forum. There are a few people here who do have answers to your query, but could you introduce yourself before getting to the 'meat' of why you registered? We are family and friend oriented. We can't help it:)

Hicgup

Members
I've had nothing but good experience breeding GB rams. Provided you acquire heathly stock and treat them well they should get down to breeding once they are mature. The fry are small, so I fed mine rotifers as a first food along with vinegar eels and the smallest strain of newly hatched brine shrimp. I let the parents raise them for the first couple weeks, then would move the two hundred or so babies to a 55. For me, the hardest part is finding healthy rams at local pet shops. Maybe members other members here can help. I don't have rams at this time (moved up to the full size Geo's.)

I had to ask this. Do female balloon rams have black stripes on their pectoral fins. I've noticed one does and one doesn't. I know it's a bit off topic. I have two of those right now and I would really like to try breeding the blue balloon ram first before I do the regular blue rams.

If you are talking about breeding balloon rams, I want nothing to do with that abomination. Sorry, I am prejudice against all deformed fish. Maybe others are more tolerant.

However, you are talking about these...that's a different story.

198909_1020410829632_1206021231_30057001_2522_n.jpg

298133_1982829689502_1206021231_31767514_8186018_n.jpg