• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Breeding Advice for Corydoras Paleatus

skanda

Members
I need some advice in breeding this species. Can you breed them in a outdoors tub or pond with other fish such as guppies or platies?I've had group in a 29 gallon indoors with a group of Tecquila Goodeid. They have not spawned yet. What should I do to induce them to spawn? Please advice.

zackcrack00

Members
Well, were you at the May meeting? The speaker said that tubs are good, and to take a lot of water out before a rainstorm, and other SMALL fish are fine. Large groups preferred, etc. the Cats like to spawn in moss, mops, etc. Hope this helps you bunches!!!

chriscoli

Administrator
Other people have probably had different experiences, but I found that mine spawned when we'd get a big low pressure weather system through. Both my paleatus and anaeus did this. A few years ago, I had a batch of eggs for every hurricane or tropical storm that came through.

I know that some folks will watch the weather and do one (or maybe more) waterchanges right before a storm comes through, refilling the tank with cooler water than was originally in it.

Not all cories seem to respond to low pressure systems, but at least for me...that's when mine spawned.

zackcrack00

Members
I've Made an "Oopsies", as my little Cousins Call it!

Well, were you at the May meeting? The speaker said that tubs are good, and to take a lot of water out before a rainstorm, and other SMALL fish are fine. Large groups preferred, etc. the Cats like to spawn in moss, mops, etc. Hope this helps you bunches!!!

April meeting, not May! Ugghhh, I am losing it, I swear.;)