• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Bought a welded dtand for 125....issues

Goonie

CCA Members
Universal Rock makes the stumps and there not to bad on price.

The African biotope out grew the 75 so now I'm splitting it.

Kribs, congos, and some upside downs stay

3 ropes 3 bichirs leapord bush fish and African butterfly are moving into new tank as well as my school of African longfin tetras.

I have a pinck tail chalsius(sp) going in aswell and I'm trying to figure out what else to put in to round it out. I want a few more butterflys and bush fish I know.

Any suggestions? Ild like a little color.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Universal Rock makes the stumps and there not to bad on price.

The African biotope out grew the 75 so now I'm splitting it.

Kribs, congos, and some upside downs stay

3 ropes 3 bichirs leapord bush fish and African butterfly are moving into new tank as well as my school of African longfin tetras.

I have a pinck tail chalsius(sp) going in aswell and I'm trying to figure out what else to put in to round it out. I want a few more butterflys and bush fish I know.

Any suggestions? Ild like a little color.
Jewels? Plenty of color and attitude, still keeps it continental. Options beyond the common types out there too.

Goonie

CCA Members
Already adopted a pink tail lol 3 of them and they aren't aggressive enough eaters for my cichlid tank.

But the blue jewls are pretty high on the list.

Goonie

CCA Members
Annnnnnddddd the Sunsun leaks... ugh... any one know anything to trouble shoot first looks like I'm leaking from the lid and the part that clips into the canist doesn't seal when removed *smh*

I should just done an fx6 but the amount of flow scares me in a planted tank.

Open to suggestions (canister shopping inFredrick today at 3 pm)

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I've heard several stories of leaking SunSun. Not saying it couldn't be fixed but I don't know if parts are readily available.

I've had good luck with Cascade filters, though I haven't used them in a while. I think Eheim is probably the most popular, but the new marineland filters seem to be becoming more popular. Good luck!

Goonie

CCA Members
Aquatop,sunsun,polar, and another are all the same filter.
I'm 90 percent sure its the o ring as the top of the canister was holding water and thats a no go. But its release valve was also leaking so a 2 fold issue i may try to fix.

I like the fx6s but its flow concerns me in a planted tank.

Eheims are so pricey, but may have to go that route.

I can seem to find a spray bar for the fx 6 only the smaller models and if I were going to buy two 407s I may as well spend the money on the eheim...ughh first canister I've had die.

How expensive/hard are sumps ?

15 gallons in the floor is not something I wanna do again

Goonie

CCA Members
Hope to finish plants tomorrow, then I have to figure out how to tame the flow of an fx6

Left the u planted sunk or floating so it may look a bit cluttered, trying to decorate it where it can be enjoyed from both sides has been interesting.

20200502_224907.jpg

20200502_224903.jpg

20200502_224902.jpg

20200502_224859.jpg

20200502_224854.jpg

20200502_224848.jpg

20200502_224843.jpg

20200502_224837.jpg

FishEggs

If you're any good with DIY and pvc you can slow the flow from an fx6.

I connected my fx6 to 1" pvc then split it to two 3/4" lines to dump into the tank.

Goonie

CCA Members
I may have to find a step by step guide for that. I am not crafty, but I can follow directions lol

Goonie

CCA Members
Was a 404b, ill trouble shoot it some time, but just snagged another fx6 never had an issue with those just need to build a spray bar.

Goonie

CCA Members
Was brand new, It has some burs that need filed down and the shutoff valve leaks like *explicitve*

ddavila06

Members
so how is the tank going? fluval 406 would be sufficient and no issues with flow.
my good friend had an fx5 in a 110xt and flow wasnt an issue with his plants..

Goonie

CCA Members
I have a spray bar coming but its taking forever.

I've beel letting some additions grow out in there with a large guppie colony.

Plants are fairly well established and starting to spread.

Knife has settled in and will come out to see me.

Have a couple delhizis growing out in another tank. I figure ill transfer ever one by the end of August and the dehiizis will go into the 75 to continue getting some size.