• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Book recommendation

maramc

Members
I am looking for a good reference book on aquarium keeping of Malawi and other cichlids. I know the internet is a great source of information, but was looking on a good sit down-and-read book. I have lots of curiosity and I'm sure the group will tire of my numerous questions. Any recommendations?

Andrew

Members
Start with the Barron's Malawi cichlid guide. If you want ID's and natural habitat info then go to Ad Konings 4th edition Malawi Cichlids.

Keep in mind that with the diversity in the lake there're a lot choices on fish selection especially. Some people like mix male tanks, other mix 2-3 species and still others enjoy species tanks with one particularly compelling species. Actually, most have multiple tanks with multiple strategies...

Leffler817

CCA Members
Celebrating Cichlids from lakes Malawi and Tanganyika
Back to Nature: Guide to Lake Malawi
Back to Nature: Guide to Lake Tanganyika
Malawi Cichlids in Their Natural Habitat

All four were written by Ad Konings. You can get them from Cichlid Press and some of the profits assist the Stuart M Grant Foundation which fights to conserve cichlids in Africa.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app