• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Boesemani Rainbowfish

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Anyone have experience with these? If so, what is considered the minimum tank size, and what do they generally prefer to eat?

Jeff Rapps (www.tangledupincichlids.com) has some on his stock list, and I was considering ordering some since he can bring prepaid orders to Aquamania.

I know I could google the fish and check a few sites, but I know you can't believe everything you find on the internet, I prefer to hear people's practical experience.

Here's a stock photo from google if anyone needs a refresher:

boesemaniRainbow1.jpg

YSS

Members
I used to keep them. I liked the fish very much. I think 4 foot is the minimum tank length for the fish. Try to get at least six. I fed the fish flakes and pellets and anything else I fed my discus. Pretty easy to keep.

halak

Members
I had five in a 75 for years. As stated before, they are easy fish to keep. They are very active, peaceful, and eat all sorts of food. They can live for many years. The males are more colorful than the females.

rich_one

Members
I had them in a 55 for years, no problem. Among my favorite fish. As said above, 4 ft footprint is probably the minimum. But I have seen gorgeous ones in 3 ft tanks.

-Rich

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

halak

Members
By the way, on page 39 in the March issue of TFH you can see my boesemani tank that I used to have. The males then were 6+ years old; the females were a couple of years old.