• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Blue x Red zebra identification

Fish teens

Members
I got this fish with a tank I just bought. I have done a little research on them but could not find the answer I wondered if maybe you guys can help. It is hard to see in the picture but he starting to get a little orange on his dorsal fin.ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1339554502.736869.jpg

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1339554502.736869.jpg

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Not sure what you're asking... "Red x blue zebra" means it is a red zebra crossed with a blue zebra. Do you mean something else?

Fish teens

Members
Originally from lake Malawi the male red zebra is blue not orange like the female is how ever from lots and lots of breeding most male you come across are orange. So, I was wondering if it is a male red zebra or is it one of the other zebra species?

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

dogofwar

CCA Members
The yellow one looks like a Yellow Lab (Labid. caeruleus) and the blue one is some kind of Metriaclima (calliniois?).

Two different species.

Their offspring would be hybrids and undesirable to most folks.

There are in fact mbuna with different colored males and females. Just not those two.

Matt

vinman

Members
in my oppion The blue one looks more to me like a power blue male Esthera. I could be wrong as photos can not show the true color of a fish