• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Blue-headed Apisto Of Some Sort

marya

Members
I bought a trio of apistos at house of tropicals. they were really inexpensive and labled in the store as apistogramma agassizi sp. blue head. I searched online and found nothing using that name, but eventually found the following page with a picture of exactly what I have, using the search term: apisto new-blue

http://www.geocities.com/NapaValley/5491/r...esticulosa.html

what do you all call these fish? I've found a couple different theories on taxonomy online, some people say they are a hybrid, some don't think so, etc... I wondered if any of you cca folk had any of these or know anything about them.

thanks

marya

Members
cool links, thank you! I hadn't searched using resticulosa and it's looking like A. resticulosa is the majority online consensus... I have to double check the pics of the "steel blues" to rule them out, but I think what I have is the resticulosa.

longstocking

Members
Your welcome :)

Even though I don't keep them from what I hear the last 2 links are the best for apsitos :) and dwarf new worlds in general. Some good people at the first one as well but I think the last 2 have a little better memeber knowledge in terms of the dwarves.

D

daniel4832

They are a man made fish, you will notice that they all look alike :( . One of these things actually won the Apristo group a few years back at the ACA as A. borellii.
Thanks,
Daniel

Steve

Members
You know, I've just got to say that I think a good name would be "Blue-headed Apistos of Ill Repute."*

It just sort of, you know, resonates!

Steve
* Disclaimer: Not that I ever have met a blue-headed Apisto, or that there is anything wrong with that . . . .

marya

Members
that works. it's more descriptive than "those blue things" which is what they've been going by around here thus far.