• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Blue dwarf gouramis/German Blue Rams/Bolivian Rams

DeborahJeanne

Hi! Just joined today hoping to get some great info. I have a well-cycled 55G that’s been running for about a year. It has 6 Cory Cats, 6 dwarf blue gouramis, 6 black loaches, and a bunch of guppies. The guppies will eventually go back to the 20G.

I want to add Bolivian Rams and German Blue Rams but I keep reading conflicting articles that it’s ok and not ok. I don’t know which to believe. The tank has plenty of floating plants, planted plants, rocks, driftwood and sand. Temp is set at 78F. Parameters all read 0ppm and pH is 6.7. Any thoughts on these 3 types of fish living peacefully together? Are 5 of each fish too many?

Acara19

CCA Members
Hi! Just joined today hoping to get some great info. I have a well-cycled 55G that’s been running for about a year. It has 6 Cory Cats, 6 dwarf blue gouramis, 6 black loaches, and a bunch of guppies. The guppies will eventually go back to the 20G.

I want to add Bolivian Rams and German Blue Rams but I keep reading conflicting articles that it’s ok and not ok. I don’t know which to believe. The tank has plenty of floating plants, planted plants, rocks, driftwood and sand. Temp is set at 78F. Parameters all read 0ppm and pH is 6.7. Any thoughts on these 3 types of fish living peacefully together? Are 5 of each fish too many?
I think it would be fine

Becca

Members
Bolivian Rams prefer temperatures lower than GBRs. It could work, but you should check recommended temperature ranges for the fish.