• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Blackworms

Julie

Members
That's a great price, esp for small quantities like 1/2 pound! wish I was going to be there.

mab

Members
Lonny, are these California Blackworms? I goggled 'tankraisedtropicals blackworms' with the results alluding to a CA provenance.

All. If so, I recall that we were warned by a speaker last fall not use CA Blackworms? Does anyone else recall the specifics of that warning?

longstocking

Members
Email sent a few days ago....

Michael .... I use balck worms all the time with my breeders and pleco's. No ill affects as long as you clean them and make sure they aren't dying ( too old ).

mab

Members
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (longstocking @ Jan 8 2009, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Email sent a few days ago....

Michael .... I use balck worms all the time with my breeders and pleco's. No ill affects as long as you clean them and make sure they aren't dying ( too old ).[/b]

It is not the use or lack of that is the concern - nor was this asked. It is the origin of the black worms. I think it was during the discus talk that the speaker warned of something to do with disease or parasites being very common in black worms coming out of California.

Sonny Disposition

I've been feeding them to the cories and black bandeds for years, without any problems. Like Sara said, though, I keep them rinsed and don't feed old or dead worms.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (longstocking @ Jan 8 2009, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
He brought that up at the discus talk. I have found california black worms to be fine for most of my fish.[/b]