• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Big Bacteria Bloom

Rfreddy321

Members
Hello,

I have had a big bacteria bloom for a couple days. I has a 75 Gallon tank and I originally used Stress Zyme 9 days ago and used it again after 7 days according to the bottle directions. This 2nd application has not disipated, yet. I plan on doing a 25-50% water change. Will that help? Any other recommendation? Thanks.

fweed

Members
lots of water changes but not to many at the same time. I went thru the same thing for about 3 weeks and then it finally cleared up. Be careful with additives if you have not tried them yet.

danger_chicken

Swim Fishy Swim!
I had a large apple snail die in one of my tanks that was causing a bloom. Once I found him and removed him it cleared up.

Rfreddy321

Members
Thanks for the help. I wnet to Tropical Lagoon and found out my tank was cycling. I am now riding out the cycle and waiting until the big ammonia spike rides its way back down to normal ranges.