• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

BFD6 Sunday Marketplace - who is selling stuff?

clearsky5

CCA Members
Thank you. I will most likely still have one arm in a sling for the BFD (another shoulder thing- don't ask), so I may set up a self-serve table.
MAN! Don, and I can't make it.... bummer
on a more realistic note... I have sold from tanks, but you pre bag very well, so you could do it that way (that is if you can bag????)

I have always done well with fish and supplies there... really going to miss not going.

david

jonclark96

Past CCA President
From years past, the consensus among sellers that I talked to said that fish in tanks (especially with lights and/or heaters) sell better than fish in bags. It is more work getting set up and bagging fish during the market place, but you are probably more likely to sell.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Okay; please help me out. I've never done the marketplace and only walked through one at the BFD a couple years ago. All I remember is the long line at PK's table. Do vendors have the fish bagged ahead of time and priced for sale at the tables? Does anyone keep tanks of fish there to bag on an as-sold basis?
Thanks
Don

Don,
Most swap meets have people selling pre bagged fish. Its is the quickest method.

Frank has most fish in storage containers and bags as needed. Makes for easier transport and set up/take down.

I personally like the way fish look in tanks better than bags so I started displaying
in tanks and bag as purchased. This can get very hectic and is stressful for a while but I have fun doing it. (don't know why. lol )

Leffler817

CCA Members
I'll have a table. I'm helping a friend clear our his fishroom. There'll be lots of Aqua Clears, Heaters, Lights, Sponge Filters, Powerheads, and some tanks.