• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Better Pic Of the Planted 55gallon

JasonC

Members
Is it just me or does the way that tank is hanging over the sides of the stand make anyone else *really* uncomfortable?

Scape is cool though. Definitely like it. May want to turn some of the caves openings away from the front glass... depending on the fish, they may be more apt to use them if they have a little privacy ;)

More plants! Especially more plants to hide the equipment. And I'd also disguise the caves. They don't look natural. I'd hide them under rocks or wood myself . . .

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I'd at least up a 3/4" piece of plywood (with foam on top) underneath the tank.

You figure out what's going in there yet, Ernie?

Breezyod

Members
I hope that stand holds haha I would definitely go get a new 55 stand. Are those real plants? I want to do some real plants but I want to do that in my smaller 20gallon before I do them in my big tank. Anyway cool setup!

ErnieG

Members
Lol thanks for the suggestions but trust me it's fine, I had tons of rocks in this tank at first so it was way heavier than it is now. Far as the as the caves facing the front of the tank I never had a problem with that, fish breed in them with out hesitation no matter which way they are facing I have bred tons of cichlids this way. Right now I have shoals of neon tetra, cherry fin terra, and danios but I will be adding some corys, and apistos.