• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Betta Macrostoma

cyradis4

Members
Hi!

Does anyone know of anyone in the area who keeps these fish? I have a friend who is looking for some.

They are a really pretty fish, prettier in their own way then the Betta Splendens, even the show ones, but are apparently both difficult to keep, endangered, and difficult to breed.

Later!
Amanda.

cyradis4

Members
After a bit of research, my friend has decided not to get the Macrostoma, as they are $400 a pair! (or that was what one source had them as.....)

And I"ve been trying to get her interested in the CCA (she has a few cichlids, but is not a cichlidiot and so I'm having trouble making headway). She prefers bettas. Go figure!!!!!

But thanks for the tips!

Later!
Amanda.

Andrew

Members
Look for Betta channoides. It looks very similar but is much easier to keep and even easier on the wallet. No, I don't have any right now but it's a very cool fish as an alternative.

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
Amanda, I've heard there are cichlidiots and just plain idiots. Tell her to make up her mind :smashfreakB: :rolleyes: .

Just kidding - tell her to come for the catfish - we do those too - BIG TIME.

George

After a bit of research, my friend has decided not to get the Macrostoma, as they are $400 a pair! (or that was what one source had them as.....)

And I"ve been trying to get her interested in the CCA (she has a few cichlids, but is not a cichlidiot and so I'm having trouble making headway). She prefers bettas. Go figure!!!!!

But thanks for the tips!

Later!
Amanda.[/b]

mscichlid

Founder
Yes....Macrostoma are beatiful. If you are willing to pay the price, then prepare for a long wait until they are ready for spawning.