• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

BATS

minifoot77

Members
it is funny you say that cause i have been contracted (not paid though) to remove bats from three buildings around here......

Ophelia77

Members
Honestly we see around 2-3 bats each year around the complex, be it babies that got trapped by the daylight or ones that have wandered into a hallway. I'm glad they are finally taking measures to keep them out of peoples apartments. And Avatar, you would be happy to know Minifoot gently removes these bats and places them back outside:)

minifoot77

Members
Honestly we see around 2-3 bats each year around the complex, be it babies that got trapped by the daylight or ones that have wandered into a hallway. I'm glad they are finally taking measures to keep them out of peoples apartments. And Avatar, you would be happy to know Minifoot gently removes these bats and places them back outside:)

what she doesn't know won't hurt her :)

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Anyone that can eat 3000 mosquitoes in a single night...

...is a friend of mine. All hail Myotis.

Julie

Members
One of my most favorite things to see in the spring, is the return of the bats to the yard! I love watching their erratic flight across the yard, while getting rid of the pesky bugs!

londonloco

Members
One of my most favorite things to see in the spring, is the return of the bats to the yard! I love watching their erratic flight across the yard, while getting rid of the pesky bugs!

I live in the woods, we have bats flying over the pool catching bugs all summer long. Last year one got caught in the pool skimmer, my DH put it in a cardboard box and brought it in for the kids to see up close and personal. They are the ugliest creatures alive. I have never really appreciated them until this summer. Watering plants in my front yard I get attacked by 100's of mosquitoes. But there are no noticeable mosquitoes in the back yard around the pool. Wouldn't want them in my house, but outside they can stay.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Flying foxes are quite comely...

...in my view.

Is it that you find bats that ugly or is it the ida of flying rodents that puts you on edge? Agree the facial features of the small American varieties are generally sort of hideous, but then that's by human standards. Personally I find moles to be far more 'grotesque' - at least a bat will look you in the eye which I always figured counted for something.

londonloco

Members
...in my view.

Is it that you find bats that ugly or is it the ida of flying rodents that puts you on edge? Agree the facial features of the small American varieties are generally sort of hideous, but then that's by human standards. Personally I find moles to be far more 'grotesque' - at least a bat will look you in the eye which I always figured counted for something.

I find bats ugly, plain and simple. Come on, you think they're pretty? As far as rodents, as a kid I hand fed a squirrel that lived in a tree out front. Used to freak out my parents, but they eventually got used to it, the squirrel and being freaked out by me ;). I didn't think bats were flying rodents, are they?

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Enter Flying Fox' into Google images and get back to me...

... and no they're not rodents. Much more akin to primates and human progenitor species like tree shrews/lemurs.

londonloco

Members
I always miss this title bar

so I missed the flying fox entry. I googled, gotta say, cute little buggers if you discount their body, which IMO, is REAALLLY creepy!
I don't know which type of bat we have here in the woods in Manassas, but it's plumb fugly looking!