• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Batfish Aquatics OPEN HOUSE

JLW

CCA Members
Batfish Aquatics Grand Opening

Batfish Aquatics is the premier retailer of unusual, rare, and high quality fishes throughout the United States. We are open for business, and selling an incredible selection of great fishes, including Apistogramma, Loricaridae, and many, many other types of fishes. We are expecting to shortly finish installation of over a hundred aquariums, with another hundred in stand-by as we grow. We are set-up, running and selling fish!

To celebrate, we are holding our GRAND OPENING PARTY this Sunday, 20 January 2013 from 12 PM to 4 PM. We will have cake, water, and soft drinks …. and all fish will be 20% off. We are also expecting a huge shipment of plants in later this week, which will also be available for 20% off. I have a huge selection of pre-soaked and dry driftwood, including Mopani and Manzanita wood. And there will be cake.

Batfish Aquatics is not open to the general public. You must RSVP to attend. Please note the following details.

1. 20% discount is applied to the full retail prices only. Items that are already discounted may not be further discounted, including lot purchases. In the event an item is already discounted, customer will receive the greater of the discounts (e.g., if you purchase six fish that are $3 or 6 for $15, you do not receive 20% off of $15, but 20% off of $18.)
2. No further discounts, including club discounts, may be applied.
3. Discount applies to local pick-up during the grand opening party only. Discounted fish will not be shipped.
4. All fish will be sold first come, first serve. We will not hold any fish or plants.
5. Batfish Aquatics is located on the second floor. There is no elevator, escalator, etc. We are not a general, public retailer – do not expect wide, well lighted aisles, shopping carts, or for the hose to be put away.
6. All sales are final. Sales are by cash, Visa, or Mastercard.
7. All sales are subject to all Maryland state laws and regulations, including 6% sales tax.

To RSVP, please e-mail BatfishAquatics@gmail.com. Include your full name. Cut off for RSVP is 6 PM on Saturday.

You need to RSVP to get the address. The warehouse is not opened to the public. This will be one of the rare times that Josh will allow people to come through the warehouse besides by appointment only.

Arlene

rich_one

Members
Got it. That's why I was asking, because location could play a role, but I'm awfully curious, so heck with it... I'll check it out!

-Rich

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
I could RSVP if I knew it was close and not far..
That sums it up for me. How about a city and sate considering this club covers DC,MD, and VA. I don't want to RSVP and take a spot from someone else If I can't fit it into my schedule or it's just too far to drive.

chriscoli

Administrator
If I knew approximately where it is (sounds like it's in Maryland?), that would help me decide to RSVP.

rich_one

Members
That sums it up for me. How about a city and sate considering this club covers DC,MD, and VA. I don't want to RSVP and take a spot from someone else If I can't fit it into my schedule or it's just too far to drive.

And we also have a few members in PA!

-Rich

JLW

CCA Members
What, you guys don't want to come up to Gnome, AK to check out my set-up? Bring extra mittens! :)

It is located in Gaithersburg, MD near the intersection of Airpark and Woodfield, not too far from 370/270 exchange.

bl00

Members
I'd love to hear a bit about what the stock is like. I looked up the website, but its almost as mysterious as the location :p

AquaStudent

Members
I agree Bl00. I'd love to come in and see this new location. I'm traveling back up to school in NY and travel up 270 so I'd be going right past...it's tempting

rich_one

Members
I think its pretty awesome to be getting a new facility like this right here in our area! I'll be on the road that day taking the oldest daughter back to school, but considering that's Frostburg, I have to pretty much come through Gaithersburg anyway! I'm gonna try and stop through!

-Rich