• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Basic marineland LEDs for low light plants

dhavalsp

Members
Has anyone tried keeping low light plants - Vals, hornwort and wisteria - specifically using basic marineland LED light that comes with the 60G setup...I am talking about two 17" single line clip-on LED lights that come with no instructions whatsoever...The overall output is like 10W (based on those electric supply meters you get on Amazon). For now, I am keeping them on for 8 hours a week.

I am not looking for a blooming lush planted tank but want them to sustain and grow at stable rate...Also, I am not using CO2 or plant supplement at this point (may use roottabs in few weeks), and I have white sand as substrate (imagitarium one ?!?)..yes, we are talking low, low maintenance... :)

Please let me know your thoughts if this will ever sustain.

Standard light comes with the tank is rarely enough to grow any plant. What is the input wattage. It should be stated in the plug, if not multiply V with A. To grow any plants, you need at least 1 watt per gal.

FishEggs

The 1 watt per gallon is no longer relevant. Especially when LEDs are involved.
Is there any indication of lumens output for the fixture and what color spectrum it has?

dhavalsp

Members
there is absolutely no information on Lumen anywhere on the fixture...each strip has 12 white led lights and 4 blue bulbs...