• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Based on Arthur's Talk last Saturday

mchambers

Former CCA member
I heavily fed my corydoras Sunday and Monday, and then did not feed the last three days. Wednesday night, I lowered the water in four tanks that have corydoras, to about 50%. Tonight, when the storm hits, I'll remove some more water, and then refill with a mixture of tap water and rainwater.

Maybe I'll get some spawning soon!

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Good luck, Matt. Sounds like a winner.

Get back to us with the results.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Hmmm

Always like to imagine that my friends are afforded ample spawning opportunities/events.

:angel2:
At age 55, with an 18-year-old son and a 17-year-old daughter, I am out of that business, except to offer it to my fish.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Limited Success?

I was about to conclude no success, but my gold lasers are very active, and have deposited about 10 eggs on the glass this evening:

3C06E6B1-BFE9-43F0-94D8-D25AEDF199BD-400-00000017253E0AFD.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

No luck with the other tanks. I'll give the lasers at least 24 hours before I move the parents to another tank.

chriscoli

Administrator
Hm. Not overwhelming, but at least it's something (says that person that hasn't had a cory spawn in AGES!)

mchambers

Former CCA member
By this morning, the egg total was at least 40.

The tank with the spawning was a 10 gallon, like Arthur suggested, and I had been feeding that tank a fair amount of grindal and white worms.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Update

Looks like I've got 60 or so eggs, on the glass and on the filter intake. I removed the parents tonight and added some alder cones. I should throw in some more leaves, too, I guess.

54D06860-8B71-4F3D-A666-B7F5484CAF20-742-000000BC0CCA9651.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

JLW

CCA Members
I tried this with my Cory weitzmanni. Either the other fish ate the eggs, or they just were not ready yet .... :( Boo.