• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Bamboo aquascape......

Beeman

Members
Does anyone out there have experience using cut sections of bamboo as part of their aquascaping? Any negative ramifications as it decomposes(if it does decompose!)? Want to create a grove with cut sections in corners.

I thought of doing this about a year ago, but decided not to. Cant remember where I read about it, but it will rot in about a year. I can remember something about it being good for the filtration.

I guess a small project that you can switch easily would be fine. Post some pics if you decide to do it. My father in law has alot in his yard thats what made me think about it. If you need some let me know and I can bring it to the meeting.

mscichlid

Founder
Start with using the dried out, dead ones. Never use the green. I boil them for a couple of hours and then drop them in tanks that have plecos. Plecos will eventually eat them to nubs because of the cellulous.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Be sure to drill a hole in each chamber to let water inside - otherwise it will float. Shoot, may even want to drill two (at the top and bottom of each chamber) so as to avoid water stagnating inside.

Sounds like a fun project. :)