• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

bad news and wtb flower-horn

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
So yeterday at the meeting I picked up my 4 balzani and a "female" festae for my male. After acclimating the festae I decided to vent it just to be sure it's a female, it was a male. I'm not willing to buy $100 worth of fish (minimum order) and pay full shipping just for a festae that might be another male. Now that breeding festae is out of the question I've decided to try to breed some flower horns, I already have a 6 inch male and I was wondering if any one knew where to get a female. I don't want to spend more than $75 on her.

Thank you

If you don't mind a drive there is a lfs on the pa border with delaware that sells almost only flowerehorns almost any you can think of he also has a four foot arapima that's worth the drive

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

dogofwar

CCA Members
Just to be sure: please don't keep balzanii with either festae or flowerhorns. Both will end poorly for the balzanii...

+1 on talking to Dan. Sexing juvenile fish is never 100%. It's always best to get a group.

Matt

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Just to be sure: please don't keep balzanii with either festae or flowerhorns. Both will end poorly for the balzanii...

+1 on talking to Dan. Sexing juvenile fish is never 100%. It's always best to get a group.

Matt

Don't worry, the balzani are in their own tank. And the festae was 5 inches so I thought he'd be able to vent him.

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
If you don't mind a drive there is a lfs on the pa border with delaware that sells almost only flowerehorns almost any you can think of he also has a four foot arapima that's worth the drive

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

That's a little far for me but it sounds like a great lfs.

blkmjk

Members
Pictures would allow us to help sex the fish for you. Or you could call Dan send him a picture and give him the opportunity to help you out. The reason I use him almost exclusively is because he goes above and beyond to square up with you if something doesn't work out.

Drew