• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Available at Sept. meeting

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Nannacara aureocephalus - spawning pair
Apistogramma erymnopyge "strawberry" - very blue with red gills/throat -spawning pair via juveniles from Chris Stroud.
Apistogramma pebas purple - adult pair, easy to spawn - juveniles via George from last Peru trip with Michael Barber.
Apistogramma kelleri - adult pair - haven't spawned yet, need low pH - via juveniles from Chris Stroud.
Rainbow cichlid spawning pair, amiable and reliable starter species
Juvenile 1"+ orange Krobia, parents from Jeff Rapps.
Adult pair Crenicichla pike - similar to saxitalis but prettier, smaller variety, plays well with others provided they won't fit in their mouths
Coralife 48" black quad 4 X 65W compact fluorescent fixture with 2 used freshwater bulbs (10,000K & 6700K), splash guard, moonlights and mounting legs.
Coralife 30" black 130W twin 2 X 65W compact fluorescent fixture with splashguard, skittish moonlights, and removable side-clamp hinged mounting brackets that allow fixture to be raised up and locked in place to permit tank access. Has two used freshwater bulbs (10,000K & 6700K).
Coralife 24" gold 130W twin 2 X 65W compact fluorescent fixture with splashguard and 2 good 6700K bulbs. No legs but looks brand new.
20 gallon long stainless Metaframe with slate bottom.
5 gallon acrylic Bio-orb with silver trim, working pump/light and extra bulb - leaks and needs to be resealed and I don't have the time or inclination to do so. Good for shrimp/endlers/guppies.
30" black plastic hood with hinged access panel for 20 long - comes with single mated 20W fixture and used grow-light bulb.
Eheim 2217 with hoses & media.

PM to make offers on any of the above.

samsmobb

Members
Any pictures of the apistos?? Considering some for a tank I just started but the pictures I looked up on google for your listed species are all different

Plenipotentiary-at-large
90 gallon acrylic tank

Blue background, twin cutouts on top as well as twin HOB slots in rear and heater cut-outs in corners. Needs some buffing on front to remove scratches but solid. 60" x 18" X 20". First $200 or best offer takes it.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Apisto pic

Any pictures of the apistos?? Considering some for a tank I just started but the pictures I looked up on google for your listed species are all different

Look like this but more blue than violet and, yellow bands on top and bottom of tailfin and more red around the throat. And they're from Chris Moscarell (not Stroud).

strawberry5x.jpg

samsmobb

Members
Would of jumped on them of my dirt tank didn't lose so much volume by the decorations :/
I may put in my 75 tho, how well do you think they'll do in a heavily planted angel/ram tank?

Plenipotentiary-at-large
What do you mean by "do"?

Suppose it depends on whether they can find a space to call their own. I keep all mine in tens and have little doubt but that they would spawn in fives - they don't seem to have much need to move around and mine are almost always in the front third of leafy/java moss/floating water spite set-ups. I have a pair in a 40B with some juvenile Acarichthys heckeliis, a couple angels, a bunch of Corydoras and a half-dozen other various Apistos and they're fine. No place for them to stake out and spawn, but they're not shy.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Eheim 2017

$60 - includes media (which costs about half that), hoses and fittings.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Light it up

Strawberry apistos gone, still have 2 pair of A.pebas "purple" @$20/pair, $15 if you're witty or you throw in a wee spawning pot/couple coconut shells or a plant, or for some other arbitrary and capricious circumstance.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Strawberry apistos gone, still have 2 pair of A.pebas "purple" @$20/pair, $15 if you're witty or you throw in a wee spawning pot/couple coconut shells or a plant, or for some other arbitrary and capricious circumstance.
I'll take a pair of purple apistos. I was going to put a pair of rams in a 37 with some plecos, but think I'll give the apistos a try. I have a few caves from Kens I could put towards the deal, will look around and see what else I have, but will have some cash handy just in case.