• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Auction for the February 11, 2023 in-person CCA meeting

DrEgg

Chairpersons
Staff member
February 11, 2023
Glenallan Elementary School – 12520 Heurich Road, Silver Spring, MD
Meeting room opens at 12 pm (Meeting to start at 12:30)

We have created an auction for the February 11, 2023 in-person CCA meeting. Users of the website must register on the CCA MyGroupAuction website: mygroupauctions.com. Sellers are encouraged to upload a photo of the fish/item to be auctioned. These items can be viewed by all registered users before the auction.

As always, donations are welcomed.

Please review the auction rules.
https://www.capitalcichlids.org/forums/auction-rules/

JLW

CCA Members
I listed a bunch of really awesome fish on the list the other day.

Beani cichlids -- often a "Holy Grail" species for many aquarists, you never see these slow growing cichlids.
Tenellus leporhinus -- the so-called "mouse cat," these guys are a relatively small (3-4"), peaceful catfish that looks a bit more like a stereotypical catfish than, say, a Corydoras. Kind of a bigger Cory analogue in the aquarium.
Thickhead Chub (Opsariichthys pachycephalus) -- These are REALLY cool. Chubs are well known as a fish around here, but there are also Eurasian species. This is one from Southeast Asia. They're a definite "ugly duckling;" I would use them for feeders at this point, but then you'd miss out on how gorgeous they turn once they're adults (about 5-6"). They make nests out of pebbles. Technically subtropical, they'll do great outside, possibly overwinter (kind of like white clouds), but will also be okay in a standard tank.
Wabbit Snails -- I've got a nice bunch of these really awesome, bottom dwelling, scavenging snails.
Endlicheri bichir -- One of the less common, but super pretty, bichirs.
Brown Ghost Knife (x3) -- Less contrast than a black ghost, they're also about half the size, and will do okay in a small group (though you might get some aggression if you don't have enough hidey holes).
Dolphin Mormyrid -- These guys are rarely seen! Awesome, big, bulky mormyrid. Not overly aggressive. Will eat small fish, shrimp, blackworms, frozen, pellets, etc. Probably shouldn't be kept with other mormyrids, but still a very cool fish. Mine are relatively outgoing.
JBO Texas Cichlid -- I'm debating on if I'll bring this guy or not. . . He's absolutely gorgeous, probably show quality plus, but ... he's a texas cichlid. :)
Basketmouth Cichlids -- While basketmouths typically refer to members of the genus Caqueta, there are two other genera. Chaetobranchus and Chaetobranchopsis . They're filter feeders in the wild, but will grudingly eat regular foods. Some madman is breeding them, and I've got these supposed F1s. They eat everything. Not particularly aggressive, but also ugly. Seriously cool fish that you keep because they're cool and you'll probably never see them again. :)