• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Auckland, New Zealand Aquarium Visit

chriscoli

Administrator
We just got back from a vacation to New Zealand to visit some friends. We did a LOT of wine tasting, but also got to go to the Auckland Zoo as well as the Aquarium (https://www.kellytarltons.co.nz/)

The aquarium was small, but nice. It catered mostly to children and consisted of about 50% activities for kids (they were even doing a Paw Patrol theme aquarium-wide while we were there) but they had a few really nice exhibits that we enjoyed.

Bob ( Sonny Disposition Sonny Disposition ) would have been proud, I took pictures of the tank with a native New Zealand brackish/freshwater fish, the Giant Kokopu (Galaxias argenteus). They also had one cichlid tank with a nice setup of demasoni and yellow labs.

They had a fantastic penguin display, but my favorite was their shark tank/shipwreck tank where you can stand on a conveyor belt that will carry you in a tunnel under the exhibit, so that you have sharks swimming on both sides of you as well as overhead. You can ride the display in a loop for as long as you want.

A few pictures of my visit:

Giant Kokopu

IMG_2772.jpg IMG_2773.jpg IMG_2774.jpg

Last edited:

FishEggs

Nice pics. Sounds like an awesome trip. Can they be my friends too? :D I've always wanted to visit New Zealand.