• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Are there rock dwelling SA/CA

There are many African rock dwellers from African Great Lakes and west Africa (Krebensis). Are there comparable new world cichlid that habitually live and spawn in caves?

Acara19

CCA Members
I wouldn't consider them habitually rock dwelling, but most amatitlania/cryptoheros tend to stick around cover, and usually spawn under rocks/in crevices. In my experience most acaras are like this as well.

I have, amatitlania/cryptoheros before and they are more rock hugging than cave/rock dwelling. They will stay out in open water if they are dominant and not threatened by bigger fish. My definition of cave/rock dwellers are like Julidochromis, Neolamprologus and Kribensis, all from Africa, that prefer to stay inside, swim upside down and lay eggs on roof of caves.

rvaducks

CCA Members
Are their CA/SA systems which have such environments? I'm not aware of any but I was never a geology expert.