• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Archocentrus Spinosissimus

Carolineep

CCA Members
I am still looking for this fish and not having any luck at all.
I find it very strange that i can find very little information on the availability of this species after 2009

Has the name changed. Has it gone extinct in the wild? At last check it was listed as vulnerable on C.A.R.E.S List. What am i missing?

Help as always is appreciated.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
They are not readily available in the hobby. I only know of one person who has them (Michael Lobello in Florida) and I'm sure he has a long list of folks who want them once he gets fry. He has several posts on Facebook of his spinos. dogofwar dogofwar had them years ago.

Carolineep

CCA Members
Yes i contacted him a month ago and whoops turns out there is more than one Michael LoBello on facebook/ ha who knew?
Just contacted what i hope to be the right one. will let you know what he says.
Wish me luck.

finzz

Members
That is a very cool looking animal. It almost makes me want to devote tank space to something other than very small fish: almost. Good luck on the hunt, and let us know how you do.