• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

aquascape online

has anyone ever done an order there? what is a ballpark guess on their shipping charges?
i was about to place an order, but they don't provide a shipping quote until after i give my credit card info, which i'm leery of. i'm only planning on ordering two things for a grand total of $60, so if the shipping is like $100 i'll look elsewhere.
that said, if the shipping rates are reasonable, and anyone wants to go halfies, let me know. i wouldn't be ordering until early next week.

Becca

Members
a fahaka puffer and a silver arowana.... perhaps i should have mentioned that i'm ordering two *fish*.:blush:

Batfish has Fahakas in stock, I think. As for arowanas... probably not.

I've ordered from Jeff Rapps and Imperial Tropicals, but have never heard of Aquascape Online.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

dogofwar

CCA Members
Shipping generally costs what shipping costs. Shipping boxes of fish (or anything large and heavy) overnight is expensive. No matter the vendor.

If the business is close, they can get away with ground shipping (at a low price), as Jeff Rapps (who's in NJ) does.

Never ordered from Aquascape Online. I'd just order from Josh / Batfish.

Matt

$60... which is reasonable in itself; i know some people use shipping & handling charges as a profit-maker.
anyway, decided to pass on placing an order just because the shipping would make the total $120 for two fish. silver arowanas turn up at my local petco at a decent size for $50, and i'll just keep my eyes open for a good fahaka at a fair price.

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
I bought 2 out of my 3 current stingrays from them and i couldnt be happier. They have gone a bit downhill due to the owner having a health issues and their two best employees getting married and moving to california. Shipping for my rays was $60 I believe. I have visited the store in person and its great. Highly reccommend them

Jt731

Members
You could probably get a good size arowana if you drove up to house of Tropicals. Call first, but they usually have big ones across from all the plant tanks.

JLW

CCA Members
Unfortunately, Batfish spilt coca cola on his computer, and can't get his lists updated until he gets his computer fixed. . . . :p

But, yea, I've got a couple of Fahaka puffers left. They're about 2-3". I think there's, what, 97 of them left? :)

I also have Silver Arrowanas available by the CCA meeting. :)