• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Aquaponic

Loc

Members
Hi,

I was wondering if there is a forum or club in Baltimore that deal with aquaponic. I currently have a 120g tank running but I also have a double 90s, double 55s, one 180, one 30 and one 45 tall I plan to set up as my fish room in my basement. Just to conserve water and have something on the side, I thought aquaponic would be a good idea, so I was looking for ideas as to have a system with my current number of tanks. I have seen a lot on YouTube but would like to see what works locally and with fish tanks.

Not setting this up until I get back from travel in august but is planning my set up. In addition, is there anyone here who keeps freshwater rays and Australian red claw crayfish?

Thanks

Loc

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
You should go to http://pentairaes.com/learn-about-aquaculture/technical-talks/hydroponics-vs-aquaponics-tt130/
That site is Aquatic_Eco Systems.

They have a course coming up in April on Aquaponics. THey sell equipment for aquaponics and hydroponics. and there is a technical paper on their site called:
Hydroponics vs Aquaponics - Tech Talk 130

I like to think I am doing the hydroponic/aquaponic thing in my 4000 gallon Koi pond which contains a section designed to grow pond plants.
Also I know of some public aquariums that have the fish tank on public view but behind the scenes they have a brightly lit tank growing algaes as a way to reduce the bio load on the fish tank. They have to scrape away the algae on a routine basis.